Shimla- The Beauty of Voids

Destination- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.

This trip began on the ninth day of Navratri from Haridwar Bus Stand, opposite the Railways Station of Haridwar. The bus took overnight to reach our first destination, Shimla. I was excited to visit the mountains for the first time. The peace mountains offer forces us to return to the place again. On visiting Shimla, apart from witnessing the aesthetic scenes that I only saw in movies; there were a few aspects that forced me to write.  








I wish to freeze the moment,

When I first saw you

Like music on loop,

a picture to stare at, with no clue.


 






Dear Letterbox 



The 10-year-old I used to reach the post office in one go and put my poorly written letter in the letterbox. I wanted to write a letter to the letterbox, right away asking "How are you doing at heights?" Shimla was always beautiful before and after the invaders came and looted it. The show," Ek Tha Rusty" on the National channel used to broadcast stories of Dehradun and around the mountains, portraying the life of the mountain population. People back then had surely given importance to art in their lives. I wonder how things will work for the generation of OTT platforms. Will they know the magic of writing letters to loved ones and doing the labor of love of collecting stamps, smelling papers, and passing them to the postmaster? 

Sab Padhe Sab Badhe!


I'm familiar with Sarv Siksha Abhiyan since I remember I could read. My mother is a teacher for the differently abled students under SSA. This board was situated at fifteen to twenty steps from the Old Bus Stand of Shimla. I rejoiced. It's like life's difficult on mountains and we hear news every day or the other about the lack of resources. But this board looked like an assurance of education being accessible to the future of the nation.









Long time no see!

Delivering emotions, since forever.


Dear Soldier

The Army Memorial Statue is situated on the way to Mall Road, Shimla. While passing by the monument, one can not resist staring at the statue that speaks of courage. I really wonder how difficult a soldier’s life is. They keep their love in a photograph and are motivated throughout their battle time. How do they feel while coming back home? Or how does it feel for a mother to send a son/daughter in the defense and receive back a body wrapped around the tricolor?


Respect. Honor. Courage. Inspiration.





It was the last day, the day

To leave behind the love you offered

I conclude your valleys as an example of

voids that are beautiful

To realize life's better with spaces

Spaces that offer enough room to grow

with place, time and people

That's the Shimla I know.

Tricolor at 7,328 ft a.m.s.l.







Standing at the top of Shimla, the city looked like a sky full of twinkling stars. The spaces between each destination made the place look more beautiful.








Comments

  1. Toooo good❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are really clicked with finesse. And this memoir is so pleasing to read. Shimla looks more beautiful in your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One difference in the spelling and I am sure who this anonymous is.

      Delete
  3. Too good, Keep writing.❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anomalus Dreams

The Tamil Tint!

...well, that's what leaders do...