Punjab

Destination - Amritsar, Punjab


I was mesmerized, by just looking at your beauty

On reaching the premises of Golden Temple,

It was unbelievable

To see an example of beauty

in such an abstract form.

I wore a pretty yellow dress with a bindi 

And enter your masterpiece with the headwear

Took out the phone to record my initial reaction,

I found myself keeping it back soon

Just that I would fail to know the real you

I sat and thought about His presence 

The omnipotent omniscient and omnipresent


Punjab exemplifies hospitality for me. I think this impression is special because of the Golden Temple. We reached Golden Temple at around 2 o'clock midnight. The Temple looked more like a palace ready to conduct a wedding, all shining at its best with the moon adding feathers to its cap. Next to this beautiful monument is the one fine location that shivers your soul whenever you even talk about it. The Jallianwala Bagh Massacre, yes, the exact location of the event.









One of the rare moments when Ananta was not on call, so I made these babies sit and pose.













Comments

  1. I am getting to read about India continuously through your blogs. The part where you mention about keeping back your phone just to let the divinity sink in got me goosebumps. It was then, just you, the temple and the beautiful Sikh aura.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anomalus Dreams

The Tamil Tint!

...well, that's what leaders do...