That's how I started writing...

Story One
 लिख के रखो एक जगह

I have annoyed my sister in every possible way. Be it rushing to the washroom when I used to notice her looking for the towel or making her draw the front page of my project only to erase it later. I am glad she did not disown me. Out of habit, I used to bring my maths sums, questions like a scholar, and the bundles of questions to her, only while she was studying. 

    I remember how one fine day, listening to my babbling, Mom came to our room with the bean in her hands. I looked up to see Mother India in the room, with a tint of confidence and fear I said, I was just asking questions, to which she replied, "Don't disturb her". I said what about my questions. She said, to write it down on a page, and ask when she's done. I was taken aback. Do I have to write all of it? I asked. To which she nodded smilingly and left the room to attend her chapatis on the stove. 

Story Two
सबका मुँह बोलेगा, 
मेरा मुँह चुप रहेगा?

    My mother uses this line to tease me whenever I ace a public speaking event. The back story is- as a child I had thousands of stories to tell. I used to be the brat, interrupting elderly discussions just to narrate another school story to my mom. Most of the time, she would listen to me patiently. On some notes, she used to ask me to shut up for a while, to which I used to reply, everyone's mouth will speak, mine won't?


    That is how it began. I was the same kid who could not stop talking, I am still the same, just with a little change in the way and place of expression. 

That was how I started writing, to tell it to Mom or do it later. Only to discover I am a writer. I will observe and note all that I want to say to you, and later compose a damn paragraph for you.


In short- to break the habit of disturbing my sister while she studied, Maa asked me to jot it down- so that's how I started writing.

I wonder what is your story.
 

Comments

  1. Thankful to aunty ,coz of her from a girl awesome writer like you was born ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days your blogs inspire me to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From सबका मुँह बोलेगा,
    मेरा मुँह चुप रहेगा?
    To सबका मुँह बंद हो जाना when Chief speaks 💜

    But honestly saying I would happily listen to all that you have to blabber dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rave gave us a writer whose stories I loved to read ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is how you started writing in your life. That's good!😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute. Happy to see that you have best mother who's always teaching you and giving you right lessons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anomalus Dreams

The Tamil Tint!

...well, that's what leaders do...