See You Again

                                                                     

Farewell is not just an event you come together all dressed to get pictures with your friends or colleagues. In fact, I find it as interesting as the beginning. I mean there are a whole lot of people you got to tell their importance. You need to acknowledge their presence in your life if they made you feel good, ever, even once.

I am an extrovert who needs a lot of people in my life. Well, this was one phase where I did manage to get some more new colors to my life. I welcome you to read about the farewell process I went through. I made friends at the end of my college life, who will stay for longer than usual. Expecting the company as it was not just me who wanted a bond, it was a two-way relationship.

    We often start discussing gifts and throwing a party when it comes to the farewell or any event of our lives. I was amazed at what I received as one of my gifts from a friend. The person said since I do not know your genre, let me gift a book that I love. I mean it was just as unexpected as having this introvert as my friend.  I think I'm an efforts person, if I spot your efforts and gesture, I am ready to shower you with whatever I am capable of. I did not want to just say thank you and move on like another normal day. College was ending and I just discovered a potential long-term bond. I ended up making a bookmark and personalizing it. I think I like to watch people react happily (luckily it never goes the opposite) when they receive my offering. (This person was scared because I appeared out of nowhere).



    This duo made me think of my oldest friend and me together. I decided to add a long letter at the end of the present I got for them. One of them hugged me for a little longer, and then suddenly walked away with little watery eyes saying I have a lot of packing to do, bye Shreya. I think these are the moments I hold onto when I am sad or when I feel low. I also added photographs from the little farewell we did. The appreciation when you tell someone about your achievement matters to me. 

    For the class group, I decided on photo frames. Yea, I know it is not handmade but at least I am putting in my efforts. The plan was to get the photo frames prepared after the farewell and then pack them well and gift them as everyone starts parting away. Due to some life-changing events, the plan was skewed. One of my friends was leaving early and I did not have the group photograph I desired. Still managed to make this person emotional just because of the frame. The friend texted me asking, how much will you make me cry? (Of course out of nostalgia!) 

 Now comes the rest of them (the class group). They had no idea about what am I cooking for them. Since my college is not at all easy on rules (I am surprised how am I presenting this, there were not just some bothering rules, there were many!), it was kind of difficult to plan this without letting them know. Though due to the hassle at the end, the beans were spilled. But still, I managed to enjoy their reaction. They were in awe, I tell you. They were questing themselves if it was for them. They wanted to ask several questions about how did I do that and why and what but guess all they could do was? Smile. They smiled throughout the time I prepared the frames. Two of the group were out of the campus where I did have access to the phone. Happy that I could record the moment. I watch it happily, going back to the moment, sometimes. 

    I wanted to offer souvenirs to all those I knew personally or wanted to level up the bond. Some went home earlier, and some of them were missed but mostly I got it. Instead of my ritualistic farewell poems, I decided to do something different this time. I think I was almost successful. Some souvenirs were keyrings and little diaries. For some a tight hug, and exchanging phone numbers was enough. It is not every day you feel overwhelmed with nostalgia and end up writing a whole damn blog. My juniors and super juniors were the highlight of the day when they showered so much love with their presence when we finally stepped out of the campus. One of them gifted me a multipurpose diary that I loved. The token of love I will hold onto forever. 

    However, it is not that it is the end. For students at DSVV, I guess the bond flourishes out of campus. Or maybe it is universal. For those I could not meet, offer souvenirs, or got to hug, it is not the end. I look forward to meeting you whenever we will. If you've made my heart smile, ever, I am sure you could spot yourself directly or indirectly. Grateful for all the good memories that made e write this. 

Image courtesy- Pranchal

Until next time. See ya.

Shreya. 



Comments

  1. This is such a treasure. It's a fact that memories, when written down such nicely, and in the way we remember the events, stay with us forever. I write less, but I have got a friend like you who treasures every memory with such creativity and utter effort whether that be by preparing diaries, photo frames, key rings, and an ocean-more. Thankyou from depth of my heart birather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For every writer, there have to be their readers. Fenkyu Sweetie.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was a whole lot of emotions, and I realised it only when I am out of it.

      Delete
  3. You will be missed <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it coming from someone I had a few conversations with. Thank you for coming forward for an interaction the other day.

      Delete
  4. Living your farewell journey through this write up ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anomalus Dreams

The Tamil Tint!

...well, that's what leaders do...