The World of Words

"Life happens in the literature department."

    My professor once quoted in class. I was not sure what she meant by that; until recently. I am almost done with graduation now. As I write this, I know how am I feeling. All the flashbacks, all the struggles the graph of victory and loss is just in front of my eyes. Maybe I am just being dramatic, but a little justification for it- an extrovert, at the end of an important phase of her life, about to end and begin new relationships- what else are you expecting? So about the quote I mentioned, it is quite true for me at least. Every situation now feels like a plot, somewhere preplanned or matches with the plot of some story, novel, or poem I have read. The solutions too revolve around books now. I feel disheartened, and I look for a quote to calm myself. Ruskin Bond's A Little Book of Happiness has been a savior lately. I feel happy, and I look for a quote to explain the feeling. Almost similar happens with, hatred, emptiness, gratitude, and others.

    I was wondering how I have started being a little calm than how I was back during my school days. Nah, that white pearl ring didn't help much. The expressions did. Which expressions? Of love, hatred, void, and gratitude. I remember writing and tearing up everything that disturbed my mental peace. Wondering where did that Shreya vanish? Expressions in the form of poetries. As I could recall, once I wrote a poem while I was angry at something, trying hard to vent my anger and frustration. It was recently when I met one of my old friends and the friend pointed out that particular poem and asked for whom was it? I laughed and asked her instead, so you think it was for you? She nodded. 

    I mean not trying to offend or blame people unnecessarily but sounds like a straw in a thief's beard to me. So yes, all of it is composed somewhere by someone in some form or the other. We all are a part of literature. 


So it comes down to literature?

In the form of Romeo - Juliet when you're trying to discuss tragedy in love

Et Tu, Brute? while defining betrayal

Working on Our Great Expectations to score better in exams

Taking time to socialize as Rusty

Taking refugee in Geeta

Relating to the Temptation of Karna

Or being grateful to the purple of your life.

All of it.

Maybe, it all comes down to literature,

be it Sanskrit, Hindi, Bhojpuri, or English.



Thank you for reading.

How about sharing the story of your favorite book and maybe we can relate? 

Until next time,
Shreya.






 




Comments

  1. A beautiful reflection on the role of literature in our lives and how it helps us understand and cope with our emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We learn a lot from literature and life. They both tend to keep new treasures for future and when the time comes, they gift us the treasure box and then test us in our choosing of a perfect key, the best one to open that particular treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the lil poem tooo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anomalus Dreams

The Tamil Tint!

...well, that's what leaders do...